Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - 2014

Happy New Year!  Yes, it is 2014.  We have never done anything special on this day or New Years Eve for that matter.   I was looking through our pictures and realized that I didn't have a single picture of anything on New Years.  Then I came across this picture of Ken from New Years of 1955 (I think).  Not exactly sure since there are slides from different years in this particular group.  I love that Gwen and Tim have some kind of "party" on New Years Eve that includes their kids and they have photos for them to remember in the future.   Yes, I love this picture. 
 
Today was a snow day!  We have had about 4 or 5 inches and more is expected.  It is clear that this is going to be a "snow" winter.  We have already used the snow blower several times and I know that  more is coming.  It was nice to just stay in all day today - with the exception of the snow blowing and car clearing.  However the bad news is that Ken has the cold I've been fighting for the last week.  So not a great start to the year for him!  But the day inside was great for quiet time!
 
I was so glad to begin that new devotional from Beth Moore.  It is really going to be good to have this to focus on each day.  Today the topic was the name of Jesus.  I confess that I took some time to really think about the questions.  I am not doing this study to rush and get it done.  I really want to achieve a closer, more intimate walk with Jesus through this process.  So today, I am encouraging you to think about the name Jesus and what it means to you.  Say His name and let it sink into your soul.  Let it fill your mind and spirit.  And then write down how you feel about that name after you do this.  I am so thankful for that devotional tonight! 
 
Jesus, thank you for days to just stay in.  Holy Spirit, bring more revelation to me as I continue to ponder the name Jesus.  Remind us all to stop and think and breathe in the name above all names - Jesus.  Jesus bring your healing touch to Ken and everyone who is suffering with illness today.  You are the healer and the restorer.  Thank you for the new year and all that you in store for us.  Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment