Thursday, January 9, 2014

Yes, I can clean off a table!

Today I had one of those days.  When I got home I needed to reflect on the words of the picture above.  For a whole host of reasons, I came home feeling like I didn't meet the expectations of many people today.  It was a bunch of little things, a couple of bigger things and just the day..... but in the car on the way home I realized that I started to beat myself up.  You know, that "self talk" that we all do that just makes you feel even worse than you did to start with.  It included things like "why do I even bother?" and "why is it so hard?"  I had to remind myself that it is NOT all about me!  The other people involved in these bothersome things, may well have had some part in the problem.  And then I needed to remind myself of all of the words above.  Especially LOVED!  Because, yes, it was just one of those days. 

Isn't it true that we are often our own worst critics?   We get so down on ourselves and become convinced that all of those terrible things about us are true.  Today - for a brief moment - I convinced myself that I did not know how to wipe a table!  Isn't that silly.  But when I realized that I was speaking that to myself, it really brought me to a sudden stop.  My message today on "What God wants you to know" was "You are what you think about yourself". 

I finally got the message!  And I concentrated on those words above.  I am a child of God.  I am protected!  I am strong!  I am chosen!  I am forgiven!  I AM LOVED! 

And so are you.  Be blessed.

Jesus, thank you for this reminder today.  I know that you are the ONLY one that I need to please. Thank you Holy Spirit for bringing me back to that point of peace and love in you.  And thank you that I didn't stay in that terrible place for very long with your help.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment