Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I love word plays.......especially when Jesus speaks into them!

I just love word plays.... of any kind.  And Sunday night I heard one that has just not left my mind this week.  I was with a group of people who were talking about the weather.  Friday was an awful day around here with rain that turned into a terrible icy mess when the temperature dropped.  Sidewalks and parking lots were treacherous.  So ICY was the topic of conversation!   After listening to the conversation someone said, "oh, I see!'  And suddenly we all just stopped.  Did we really hear that?  ICY and I See!  It was one of those moments when the light bulb of understanding came on for many of us in that group.  That ICY awful weather reminded us that Jesus says "I SEE!"   Suddenly we were all talking about how we had seen or heard something in the past week that reminded us that Jesus was right there, listening to us and saying to us "I SEE!"  Sometimes it was knowing that Jesus was hearing our prayers.  Sometimes it was a sense of understanding - that Jesus really "got" what was happening to us.  It was clear that the Holy Spirit wanted us to know that He could use even our conversations about the weather, to make a point.  And this time we got it!
 
There has been a lot of new posts about an increase in people hearing and seeing exactly what God is doing in and through them.  Personally I have been praying for better ears to really hear what Jesus is saying (and also those around me) and better vision that would see situations from Jesus' perspective FIRST rather than only looking at what is happening in the natural.  As a matter of fact, this is one of my "resolutions" for 2014.  I think it is good to set some goals - targets - to have something to aim at.  So hearing and seeing better is one of my goal.  Remember that top of my list for 2014 is to "Expect the Unexpected"!  Hearing this word play, and then realizing the message of "I SEE", was an unexpected surprise. 
 
I think I will view that slippery road or sidewalk a bit differently next time!
 
Jesus, thank you for using our silly English language to make a point.  Thank you Holy Spirit for opening our EARS to hear what you were saying and reminding us that we can SEE from your perspective.  Thank you for that special group of people on Sunday night.  Help us all to remember that you do see and understand.  Amen
 
PS Again I have missed some days of blogging.  The reason is just plain old TIRED! 
I always miss putting my thoughts onto this blog, but some nights I simply can't even think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment