Tuesday, January 7, 2014

When -1 feels a bit like a heat wave.....

Right now it is -1 and when I came home from work tonight, it felt so much warmer than it had been.  Isn't that sad?  At one point yesterday it was -17, but I never left the warmth of my house to experience it.  Today was bad enough at -9 when I left for work this morning.  But the sun shined today most of the day, and if you didn't think about how cold it was outside, and just looked out the window, it looked really nice.  There are piles of white snow that has drifted into interesting shapes.  In some places the snow is smooth and shiny.  Really pretty. 

Today my devotional posed this ........... "write a song today.  Just begin to write and let Jesus lead you to your song for today"

Now I am not at all a song writer or a poem writer or even a real writer.  So I offer up my song for today, asking for your grace as you read these words jotted in my journal. 

From the depth of the thermometer, the sun rises.
Rays send warmth and light and life.
Touching frozen bricks and glass and fingers and toes.
It is well with my spirit, my body and my soul.

The hard iciness of hurt, pain, shame and regret covering me,
melts in the light of the Son.
Every hidden dark corner bursts with His light and His life.
Rivers flood out, like the springtime thaw.
And there is love.

As I typed these words into this blog tonight, I am seeing what Jesus was saying to me this morning.  Here is another picture through the natural of how Jesus works in us  - through the weather.  I see with a new depth of understanding just how much that tough exterior that had surrounded my heart and emotions, that false protection, just got melted away by Jesus.  It had nothing to do with anything I did - it was all about Jesus touching me.  And then the Holy Spirit working deep in my spirit, found all of those dark places that I didn't even realize were there.  Suddenly, everything is different in me and I know that amazing wondrous love of Jesus. 

Yes, this is my personal song.  I know that you all have a song to write tonight also.  The devotional was written about Mary's wonderful "Magnificat" song in Luke.  She truly magnified all that the Lord had done in and through her. That was her song for that day. While she has an amazing part in the Big Picture of God, we all have a part in "His Story".  And tonight, he wants us all to hear his message through our songs.

Write on friends! 

Jesus, thank you for reminding me today of all that you have done for me.  Thank you for Beth Moore who reminded me today to write my song.  Bless all of my friends who take a moment to write their own songs.  Holy Spirit, keep a song in our hearts.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment