Thursday, January 16, 2014

Grandma Lyn instead of Miss Lyn and grace to begin again!

This is what I came home with tonight!  Painting by Ellie!  I simply adore this picture.  I spent the day with my little sweeties as Grandma Lyn instead of my work life -Miss Lyn! When I asked her what this was a picture of she said "sort of a rainbow.  And grandpa likes rainbows".  I don't really SEE a rainbow, but if she says this is a rainbow, then it's a rainbow!  You can't see it in the picture, but there is one spot that Ellie left a hand print.  Really special.  I had a great day with Ellie and Zeke while Gwen had some appointments.  Lia was in school all day.  After Gwen got home we went to "Pick up" at Lia's school and she was so glad to see us.  It was great to see her school.  The day went much to fast.  Ellie also told me that I needed to go camping with her next summer.  I told her my idea of camping was a hotel and we didn't have a tent.  She told me that I could borrow a tent from the "other grandpa".  Ah, I don't think so Ellie!  I love being a grandma!  But there will not be any camping for this grandma!

On the way home, I decided to stop off at KFC for a quick dinner.  Well, it was anything but quick.  I spent 21 minutes in the drive through.  The short version of the story is that the person who took my order never "entered" it into computer.  The person at the window must have had a bad day.  At one point she said "why don't you just pull around that corner and go somewhere else."  I was not amused.   At least the chicken was okay when I finally got home.  That reminded me that sometimes you need to wait a while for the rewards.

Today I realized that I have had sort of a down first 15 days of January.  But I am remembering that someone said this would be a "roller coaster" year.  That means that in the next couple of days I am bound to start up that next hill to a higher place.  I have not done very well on my journaling.  I have missed more than a couple of days already.  And I am behind on my devotional.  But the best news is that I AM STILL OKAY!  There is grace and these things are not required.  So I will just say, tomorrow is another day!  And begin again.   Isn't that wonderful?  So don't be so hard on yourself.  If you haven't accomplished those resolutions you made on December 31, just say, tomorrow is another day! 

Jesus, help us all to be easier on ourselves.  Help us to have grace to accept what we haven't done and courage to begin again.  Help us also to forgive ourselves for the things that we may have done in error.  Jesus thank you that you ALWAYS forgive us when we ask.   Holy Spirit, thank you for family, for grandchildren and special days of fun.  Remind us to spend time with the people we love.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment